Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Winter Painting: Margaret Chwialkowska comments


Winter is the most creative time for me. I also believe that I produce the most and my best work in winter months. My favorite are the snowstorm days when I can feel cut out from the outside world and totally submerged in the the world of painting. On warmer days I like to take long walks, often along the Ottawa River, hoping to find an inspiration for a next painting or just remembering the same spot yet at a different season. I love painting winter scenes, but often diverse to other subject matter.

Margaret Chwialkowska
January 2009



Award winning landscape artist Margaret Chwialkowska is inspired by the Canadian landscape, particularly the Ontario rivers, and forests of Quebec. She paints in oil, "alla prima," blending pigments together directly on the canvas using a pallet knife in a loose spontaneous style creating rich sculpted scenes infused with light.

No comments: