Sunday, January 25, 2009

Art in Winter: Catharina Breedyk Law comments


Winter for me is usually a very productive few months. I put some wood in the fire, make a pot of tea and then the creative juices start flowing. Some days I don't even get out of my pajamas.

This feeling of being snowed in and away from the rest of the world gives me permission to let the work happen. Because I can't go out and do the normal mundane chores it's like the rest of my life is gone and all that remains are all of the ideas in my head and the materials that I have to complete the work.
Even the fact that I can't go out and buy more stuff, affects the work that I do. I have to make it happen with the materials at hand and in the end work that is produced exceeds my expectations and fills my heart with joy.

Catharina Breedyk Law.
January 2009




Catharina Breedyk Law is an award winning fibre artist who lives in the Perth area. Her work demonstrates her passion for colour, fibre and the needle arts. She interprets the world around her in her own distinctive style using free motion embroidery and quilting. Traditional as well as contemporary styles and techniques are employed with a diverse range of subject matter. Catharina is also a skilled teacher in the fibre arts who generously shares her wealth of knowledge.

No comments: