Monday, January 19, 2009

Painting in Winter: Anne Barkley comments














A perfect afternoon for me is to be in my studio, coffee and music on, and snow falling silently outside the windows. I don't have to go anywhere else, or do anything but whatever I can imagine doing with paint and canvas. It's heaven on earth - looking out on the quiet countryside, replenishing my inventory and my spirit for the busier months ahead. What more could anyone want? This is often when I pursue new directions, new ideas, or revisit old motifs with a new eye; there are no boundaries, and I am free to fly.

Anne Barkley
January 2009


Anne Barkley's artistic interest is in finding a complexity in simple abstract shapes that will call on the imagination.Her abstract compositions mesh multiple tones and modes of application into an aesthetic that combines hard edges and flat spaces, deep recesses and diffuse borders. Barkley is an elected member of the Society of Canadian Artists (SCA).

No comments: