Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Painting & Winter: Mary Nunn comments


When I first heard of hibernation in grade school; I thought it was a brilliant idea and always wanted to adopt it for myself.

I’m a studio painter, my work starts from a word, a mental picture or idea or something that I like the look of. From that point the process becomes an intimate one of honest dialogue between me and my art tools. There are rapid periods of intuitive work, play with colours, line and shapes; much longer periods of reflection and evaluation of the next step in the process to a finished piece.

The winter weather keeps me grounded to my home and studio so there is often a breakthrough to a new place in my WINTER WORK.

Mary Nunn.
January 2009
Mary Nunn is an accomplished watermedia artist and gifted teacher who has conducted watercolour/media workshops throughout Canada and the United States since 1984. Vibrant colour is a strong bias in her expressive works. She has exhibited widely in both commercial and public galleries. Mary Nunn is an elected member of the Society of Canadian Artists (SCA) since 2003.

No comments: