Thursday, January 22, 2009

Winter & Painting: Leah Dockrill comments


I have no wintry scenes to show you. I am continuing to work on Vancouver Island / Tofino paintings from photos that I gathered up last May. Other than these, I fear all this miserable weather is sending me off my rocker (cabin fever).

One day a couple of weeks ago I began to appreciate the various beautiful aspects of my cozy indoor environment and I painted my clothes washer in motion. I am including this painting for a chuckle.

However, you can see what has been occupying my mind during this rainy, sleety, icy and snowy December!

Leah Dockrill.
January 2009

Leah Dockrill, former highschool teacher and lawyer, studied art at the University of Alberta, the Art Gallery of Ontario’s Tanenbaum School, and the Toronto School of Art. Painting has been her exclusive occupation since 1995. She works in acrylics and watercolours handling diverse subject matter adeptly including animals,landscape, florals and the human figure. Leah Dockrill is an elected member of the Canadian Society of Artists (SCA)since 2000.

1 comment:

Digital Zone said...

Very unique blog.
Fantastic pictures.

Please visit:
http://bali-worldresorts.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Don't forget to promote your blog.
Find the link in my blog.
Good luck.