Thursday, February 5, 2009

Painting in Winter: France Tremblay comments



I am just back from a two week trip to the East Coast of South Florida, where I have enjoyed studying beautiful and exotic birds in lagoons and along the sea shores, this under a radiant sun and temperatures of 28 C. I have not missed the Winter during this time!

The idea for your Winter show is great. Winter scenes can be beautiful, peaceful and inspiring. However, I personally never have painted any Winter scene! The beauty of the Winter could certainly inspire me, but as I suffer deeply in the cold, I do not go to the field to discover Winter jewels. Instead, the Winter encourages me to go away to warm places, which greatly inspire me and have a great impact on my art, as I spend enormous time and energy doing field studies under comfortable conditions.

France Tremblay
January 2009

France Tremblay's artwork has been juried into high profile exhibitions including "The Art of Conservation" (2008) presented at the prestigious Hiram Blauvelt Art Museum. She is the recent Grand Prize Winner in the "Paint the Parks Top 100" (2008). Tremblay's artwork has been selected as finalist in two categories in the The Artist's Magazine Annual Art Competition. France is a signature member of the Art For Conservation (AFC) group and also is a skilled teacher of art in the Ottawa community.

No comments: